Want to Place an Order Now?Call (603) 344 4828
10 pound bag of vermicompost $19.95
- Vermicompost is an organic material amendment which will enrich the soil and add disease and insect suppressants to your plants.
- Vermicompost can be applied to all crops (agricultural, horticultural, ornamental, and vegetable) at any stage of the crop development.
- Vermicompost can improve the soil's capacity to retain moisture because it can hold 2-3 times its weight in water.
- After passing through the worm's gut the vermicompost is inoculated with "healthy" microorganisms and nutrients which will improve root growth and amend the surrounding soil.
- Black Gold Vermicompost meets the organic production standards of the Maine Organic Farmers & Gardeners Association (MOFGA) and is permitted for use in the production of MOFGA certified organic crops.
- Vermicompost Extract (worm tea) has been shown to out-perform chemical fertilizers. Research has shown an increase in both plant size and yield.
- Research has shown that the "tea" suppresses pathogenic fungi, pathogenic bacteria, and harmful insects. The microorganisms in the "tea" provide healthy nutrients, enzymes, amino acids, and minerals which are released over time.